We believe that business can be a force for good and that the world should be a better place for us having been here. So, we are building a great company to maximize the positive impact we have on the lives our employees, their families and our community. We incorporate this philosophy into everything we do – from our company board meetings to our team’s daily decisions.
We are a registered California Benefit Corporation and are working with the non-profit B Lab to obtain their independent B Corp certification. What is a B Corp? According to B Lab, it is an organization that “meets rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency”. In short, it’s us.
Our Employees are the Core of Our Business. We invest in each member of our team, respect them as individuals, treat them as equals and aim for nothing less than helping them reach their full potential. How do we do this? First and foremost, we are inclusive of all. We also:
- Create a culture of learning, support, empowerment and accountability
- Develop and promote from within
- Provide “big company” compensation and benefits
- Emphasize employee experience while thinking holistically and creatively about what really contributes the most to employee happiness
- Distribute profit sharing so we all share in the upside
- Transparency so everyone understands where we’re headed and how the business is performing
- Encourage and enable our employees to impact the things they’re passionate about through paid volunteer days and company donations to the organizations they choose
It is our privilege and our responsibility to do what we can to help build stronger global and local communities. We believe in maximizing the long-term impact in the areas we’re passionate about.
- Child welfare – Having a positive impact on the lives of children can have outsized downstream benefits. We have partnered with the Children’s Receiving Home of Sacramento to provide them with financial and volunteer support they need to realize their mission to improve the lives of at-risk youth.
- Economic development – Helping those in developing nations build sustainable futures makes us all better off. We actively support international organizations such as Kiva and Heifer International who enable people to better their lives and increase self-reliance.
To help ensure we fulfill our mission, we carefully measure our impact, set goals, and publicly report our results.
- 95% employee retention rate
- 95% employee satisfaction rate
- 6.5 year average tenure of employees hired before 2017
- 30% of employees were internally promoted
- 100% of non-entry positions were filled internally
- 75% of employees used paid volunteer time (our goal is 90%)
- 12 paid volunteer hours utilized per employee
- 132 total paid volunteer hours utilized by employees
- Over $50,000 in cash contributions made to charitable organizations in the last 5 years
- Over 50 charitable organizations supported in the last 5 years
- 159 Kiva microloans made since 2007
- 1 pro-bono client